Stoner Underground Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stoner Underground Nation

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
/SRH/Back2BaseX (310)
{SUN} Members only Section Vote_lcap{SUN} Members only Section Voting_bar{SUN} Members only Section Vote_rcap 
Atlas (287)
{SUN} Members only Section Vote_lcap{SUN} Members only Section Voting_bar{SUN} Members only Section Vote_rcap 
Hiroki (258)
Wolf (210)
/SRH/PillMatic (192)
=CTK=GIR (179)
Cabanaw (166)
PisTOLWhit (162)
KamiKaZe (160)
/SRH/Weez (150)
{SUN} Playlist

{SUN} Members only Section

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
P3D0B34R
SUN Member
P3D0B34R

{SUN} Members only Section Empty
PostSubject: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Once we get the ranks setup for our forums, we should of course keep a default rank that everybody is put in when they make an account. We need to have other ranks also that only legit/trusted {SUN} members inside of.

Now the point of this post is to say, if possible, to have certain forum sections where ONLY the members that are in the {SUN} approved membergroups can see and post replies in, while the default group can not.

The point of this is so we can safely distribute certain information, such as the admin passwords for our servers, while ensuring that nobody that isn't in {SUN} will get said information, should we want them to not know it..

For example (in case you don't know what I am talking about), I play on a private server on the game World of Warcraft. On their forums they have forum sections that everybody are able to see, such as the default membergroup that everybody is put in. Now they ALSO have a Forum section that only the GMs/admins/moderators are able to see so they are able to secretly disclose information to the other GMs/admins/mods while keeping it free from the public.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:02 pm

i made an interclan discussion forum Very Happy, can you see it?
Back to top Go down
https://sunclan.forumotion.net
P3D0B34R
SUN Member
P3D0B34R

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:59 pm

yes but is it set so only certain people, such as moderators, can see it?
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:10 pm

yep, if you log out you cant see it Very Happy, only SUN members can see it pirat
Back to top Go down
P3D0B34R
SUN Member
P3D0B34R

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:53 pm

well anybody can make an account and log in and see that forum then.

What I kind of meant was, lets say we have 3 usergroups (this is by no means what I think the groups should be named, im just throwing it out to get my point across)

First Usergroup would be named "Newbie", This is the usergroup that everybody who makes an account on the forums will be defaulted to.

Second Usergroup would be named "Stoner", This is the usergroup that players who are accepted as members inside of {SUN} will be placed in by an admin.

Third Usergroup would be named "Mega Stoner", This is the usergroup to be used for Moderators and Admins.

What I was trying to explain is have it so only the groups "Stoner" and "Mega Stoner" are able to see our "Inside Discussion" forum. This completely ensures the safety of the information we want to keep to {SUN} members only.
Back to top Go down
PisTOLWhit
Admin
PisTOLWhit

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:14 pm

very truee

I need to get some time with you Atlas to get acquainted with the forum format. Whenevers good for you let me know, because I have some ideas as well

and P3D0's notion is absolutely necessary
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Thats what i meant, only people who are in the clan can see it, anyone else who makes a name wont be able to see it. The only rank i made was SUN member, which everyone currently is Very Happy. Are those the ranks you want me to create or was that an example?
Back to top Go down
PisTOLWhit
Admin
PisTOLWhit

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:13 am

I dunno, i think we should all vote on the rank names and such. At least all come to a consensus.
Back to top Go down
P3D0B34R
SUN Member
P3D0B34R

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:48 am

Ok I just wasn't sure if the default was "{SUN} member" or not Smile just wanted to make s ure.

also... you misspelled "Profile" on the Profile button at the end of people's posts... it currently is spelled "Profil"
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:00 am

lol il try to fix to change the misspelling. Pistol, you can find me on tomorrow, if you wanna go over anything and you cant reach me, just email me i check it frequently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {SUN} Members only Section   {SUN} Members only Section Empty

Back to top Go down

{SUN} Members only Section
Page 1 of 1